Christmas In Cincinnati: 7 Must-See Light Displays in 2023
Christmas in Cincinnati is a well-lit affair, with the Queen City wholeheartedly embracing the festive spirit through the use of holiday lighting displays. As the holiday season unfolds, families come together under a canopy of twinkling lights, watching as the city transforms into a magical winter wonderland.
Here are our must-see Cincinnati lighting displays for Christmas 2023, and advice on how your own home can add to the holiday spirit.
Table of Contents
- 7 Inspiring Christmas Light Displays in Cincinnati
- Set Up Your Own Christmas Lights
- Final Thoughts
- Related Resources
- Need More Help?
7 Inspiring Christmas Light Displays in Cincinnati
This year, 2023, promises even more brilliance, with several spots offering awe-inspiring light displays. If you’re planning to experience Christmas in Cincinnati with your family, you won’t want to miss these destinations.
1. PNC Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo
A timeless favorite, the Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo is Cincinnati’s largest annual light display that never ceases to amaze. Stroll through the zoo and enjoy the mesmerizing sights of over 3 million LED lights. The synchronized light-and-music show, a beautiful winter wonderland, and the all-new Wild Lights display promise an evening full of excitement and magic for kids and adults.
The list of activities include:
- Activities kick off at 4:00 PM
- The festival will be closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
- Entrance to the PNC Festival of Lights is covered by the Zoo admission fee. Come early to enjoy the zoo and stay to see the lights!
- The North Polar Express train ride starts at 2:30 PM
- December 23rd is the final opportunity to meet Santa.
- Caution: Guests in full costumes might not be permitted inside the Zoo.
Dates: Nov. 17, 2023 to Jan. 7, 2024
2. Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park’s Holiday Lights on the Hill
This is perhaps the most unusual way to experience Christmas lights. The 2-mile, drive-through light display at Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park takes you on a journey of glittering landscapes through a park filled with artistic sculptures. The panoramic views of the city from this location, adorned with shimmering lights, make for a breathtaking experience.
Dates: Nov. 17 to Dec. 31, 2023
3. Winter Nights & River Lights
Experience a mesmerizing holiday stroll on the Purple People Bridge (by the river at Newport on the Levee) during the Winter Nights, River Lights event. This yearly spectacle which begins at 6 PM is best viewed at sunset and showcases Christmas illuminations and festive decor spread across the bridge.
Dates: Nov. 17, 2023 to Jan. 7, 2024
4. Holiday Junction at the Cincinnati Museum Center
Christmas in Cincinnati wouldn’t be complete without taking the kids toDates Holiday Junction at the Cincinnati Museum Center. Here, the Duke Energy Holiday Trains roar around thousands of feet of tracks. It’s an enchanting experience, especially for train lovers. The entire place lights up with holiday-themed displays and mini towns decked up in Christmas flair.
On hand will be Santa himself, who arrives on Nov. 25th at the Ruthven Gallery’s Mezzanine. Also, don’t miss the return of the OMNIMAX® film, Rocky Mountain Express, for a captivating ride through the Canadian Rockies.
Dates: Throughout the holiday season; closed Nov. 24 and Dec. 25.
5. Coney Island’s Christmas Night of Lights
Coney Island’s Christmas Night of Lights is the region’s largest drive-through experience which makes it perfect for families with infants and toddlers. But it’s doubtful they fall asleep: this 2.5-mile-long path is filled with more than 2 million twinkling lights and animated displays.
You can even listen to holiday music synchronized to the lights on your car radio (97.5 FM). And with the beautiful Ohio River as your backdrop, the reflections of the dazzling lights on the water make this an unforgettable spectacle.
Dates: Nov. 10 – Dec. 31, every night at dusk.
6. The Christmas Ranch in Morrow
Okay, it’s not technically in Cincinnati, but Morrow, Ohio is a short drive away…and well worth the trip. The Christmas Ranch offers over 1 million lights synchronized to music, spread across a vast 110-acre area. Wandering through themed areas like Santa’s Village and Elf Boulevard will ensure a festive mood for all ages. And you’ll feel good knowing that the owners donate a portion of receipts to great causes that help children need and feed the homeless.
Dates: All year round.
7. Bonus: Your Neighborhood
Don’t forget to drive through your own neighborhoods. Some of the best light displays each Christmas are in our own backyards. Small towns are filled with the holiday spirit. Drive through Cincinnati communities like Anderson, Milford, Hyde Park, Indian Hill, or Terrace Park and you’ll be amazed at the creativity on display, from outlandish to elegant.
Dates: Thanksgiving 2023 – New Year’s Day, 2024
Set Up Your Own Christmas Lights
With so many magnificent light displays around Cincinnati, you might be wondering how to get in on the action and turn your own home into a holiday wonder. The answer is easier than you might think: hire a professional holiday lighting company!
Why Choose Professional Lighting Services?
- Expertise and Design: Professionals have years of experience and know exactly how to make your home shine bright. Whether you want a classic and elegant look or a fun and whimsical display, a pro can bring your vision to life.
- Safety First: Hanging lights can be risky. Professionals are trained to install lights safely, reducing the risk of accidents. They also ensure that the lights are set up in a way that they don’t overload electrical circuits.
- High-Quality Materials: These companies use commercial-grade lights and equipment that not only look better but also last longer. Say goodbye to the frustration of half a string of lights going out!
- Maintenance and Care: Some companies offer maintenance throughout the season. If a section goes out or a storm rattles your decorations, they’ll be there to fix it up.
- Hassle-Free Take Down: After the festivities, taking down the decorations can be a chore. Many professional services include removal and storage, making your post-holiday season a breeze.
Christmas in Cincinnati is a special time, and there’s no reason your home can’t join the ranks of must-visit destinations during the holiday season. With the expertise of a holiday lighting company, you can achieve the festively lit home of your dreams, without the stress or fuss.
Whether you choose to experience the city’s grand Christmas light displays or create your own winter wonderland, one thing’s for sure: Christmas in Cincinnati this year promises to be magical for everyone.
- How to hang Christmas lights on stucco
- How to hang Christmas lights without gutters
- Outdoor Lighting page
- Exterior lighting ideas
- Everything you need to know about landscape lighting
- How outdoor lighting protects your home
- Get a free estimate form
Need More Help?
Need a lighting professional this Christmas? Just contact American Landscapes here for a free, no-obligation estimate. Or call us at (513) 947-8727.
You can also learn more about our lawn care applications and treatments, landscaping, and outdoor lighting services by reading our blog. In addition to fertilizer and weed control, we provide mosquito control, lawn aeration, lawn seeding, and much more.